Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Education and Technology

Technology is an amazing thing. The advancements that have been made over the years has helped both teachers and students to become more successful. In the classroom I will be doing my internship in next semester, my mentor teacher has her own blog that she updates every week. This gives students and parents the ability to keep up with what is going on in her classroom. She posts homework, upcoming events, as well as general comments. I feel this is a great tool to use. However, I feel that technology can also be frustrating for the kids that may not have access to it at home. Most teachers require things to be typed rather than written in hand, so this could be an obstacle for some students. Overall, I feel that while technology is a great tool, we need to provide students with options.

No comments: