Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Computer Time

Thinking back, as high school student, I really didn't receive much "computer time." The only time we were allowed in the computer room was if we were in there for a class. There were no passes to the computer lab to type a paper, etc. There was never any research being done on school computers, all that was to be done on your own time. I actually did not like going to the computer lab at all, since I knew that meant that I would be sitting there doing something extremely boring for the entire class period. During my pre-internship, my mentor teacher would send kids to the library all the time to type or research something, although most of the time they got nothing accomplished. I definitely think that students need to be monitored in the computer lab, as it is pretty easy to get side tracked.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Jen,

Just wanted to thank you for your diligence in the blogs and for the contributions you have made in the class. I appreciate all of your hard work, and the unique perspective that you bring to our class.

All the best out there!
Shannon